The Department of Computer Science & Engineering has experienced and highly qualified faculty. The department caters to Diploma courses in Computer Engineering. The Department strives to maintain an environment that encourages scholarly inquiry and research, a spirit of creative independence and a deep commitment to academic excellence. We see our students as unique individuals with different interests and aspirations. The Department Continuously works for improvement in quality of education through proper curriculum development and proper upgradation of laboratories. The department always try to make the students dedicated to work for common good. The Department delivers quality methods of teaching, that help students to enhance their knowledge, understand the importance of being leaders in the area of their interest and provide them with an unbeatable edge to success in today’s demanding work place and global market. The department has a Computer networks lab, Computer Graphics Lab, Programming Languages Lab, Basics of information Technology Lab in its credit. The mission of the department is to provide every opportunity for each student to attain the best of their capabilities
Matric with 35% Marks
Entrance Test detail for each courses : DET(Diploma Entrance Test for all the courses) conducted by HSTES Panchkula
Lateral Entry Course
There is a Provision in Polytechnic for getting the Admission directly in 2nd year by DET-L(Diploma Entrance Test-Lateral Entry) for students having 10+2(PCM) /Vocational or 2 years ITI.
Scholarships: Eligibility/requirement for each scholarship(at JCD Vidyapeeth Level)
|Ch. Devi Lal Memorial Poor Boys Aid fund/ Mata Harki Devi Poor Girls Aid Fund||JCD Vidyapeeth Started this scholarship for needy students (whose family annual income should not exceed Rs. 2 lacs) those who have secured passing marks in previous semester examination as well as attendance in previous class must be at least 80%.|
|Ch. Devi Lal Scholarship for Best Boy /Mata Harki Devi Scholarship for Best Girl||This Scholarship is provided by JCD Vidyapeeth to the Final Year Students, based on their overall performance during previous all Academic Sessions|
|Entrance and Merit Scholarship Scheme at JCD Vidyapeeth Level||This Scholarship is provided by JCD Vidyapeeth to the Students, who got Highest Rank (in their respective Entrance Examination) for each Stream and Merit Scholarship for toppers in each branch.|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC and BC Category Students||Post Matric Scholarship Scheme is provided by Govt. of Haryana for SC Students whose family annual income is less than 2.5 lacs and for BC Students whose family annual income is less than1 lac|
|SCSP Scholarship||For SC Students whose family annual income is between 2.5 lacs and 3.5 lacs and got admission through Counselling.|
|Post Matric Scholarship for Minority Students||Post Matric Scholarship Scheme is provided by Govt. of India for Minority Community, Students whose family annual income is less than 2 lacs|
Get in Touch
For any Information please contact the Below mentioned helpline no:
EmailId :[email protected]
The Department Of Computer Engineering has experience, well qualified and dedicated faculty. The department always works to enhance the quality of education through curriculum tutorial and through continues practical works in laboratories. The aim of department will be to provide every opportunity for each and every student to utilize the best of their abilities
Departmental Labs of Computer Engineering :
The Department has various laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art computing facilities to support the research and teaching activities. The departments have the following computer based laboratories as per the university curriculum:
- Data Structure lab: The lab provides the students with a good concept of the fundamentals of data structures and how to write the efficient algorithms. We also teach how to construct a program from an algorithm. And how to analyze algorithms.
- Programming Languages: This lab provides the basic knowledge of various programming laguages like C,C++, VB .NET and java.In this lab application software as well as websites are developed.>
- Computer Peripherals and Interfaces Lab(CPI): In this lab, students learn about the various peripherals like mouse, keyboard, printer, monitor, hard disk drive, floppy disk drive, CD-ROM, DVD-ROMs .students also learn about the assembling and installation and maintenance of computer system.
- Computer Network Lab: In this lab, students learn about various concept of Networking.Student learn how to create Cross cable ,straight cables and how to connect various computer using network devices like switches .
- Operating System Lab: In this lab, students learn about basic concept of operating system like process management , memory management ,file management,device management and students also learn about various operating systems like dos, windows, linux.
- Database Management system Lab: In this lab, students learn about basic concepts of databases, for this, they are provided the software of Oracle and foxpro 2.5, SQL server.There are total two hundred computers with Dual Core and Core 2 Duo configuration with speed in Giga Hertz. The computers have Microsoft Windows Xp/2000 as Linux with dual boot option on top of Intel core 2 duo processors & and related high technology peripherals such as scanners, printers, combo-drives and all other multimedia aids. All the labs are having on-line UPS backup and are fully Air Conditioned. We have the best of the expert to manage them. Servers are available in the server room, which are used as SMTP mail server, database server and general purpose use. The entire computer labs are connected by a high-speed (100 mbps local area network), Internet connectivity is accessible for 24 hours with 10 mbps leased line . The whole campus is networked with Wi-Fi technology. In addition to this, there is a centralized computer centre in the institute for additional learning, project work and research.