The JCD(PG) College of Education, provides the course leading to the two-years degree in education. The syllabus is framed as per regulation by NCTE / CDLU.
Admission shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
Preamble The Bachelor of Education program, generally known as B.Ed., is a professional course that prepares teachers for upper primary or middle level (classes VI-VIII), secondary (classes IX-X) and senior secondary (classes XI-XII) levels.
Duration and working days
- Duration: B.Ed. programme shall be of duration of at least two academic years
- Working Days: There shall be at least two hundred working days each year exclusive of the period of examination and admission, out of which at least forty days shall be for practice teaching or skill development in nearby schools. (b) The institution shall work for a minimum of thirty six hours in a week (five or six days), during which physical presence in the institution of all the teachers and student teachers is necessary to ensure their availability for individual advice, guidance, dialogues and consultation as and when needed.
There shall be two units of one hundred students each divided into four sections of fifty each for general sessions and not more than twenty five students per teacher for a school subject for methods courses and other practical activities of the programme to facilitate participatory teaching and learning.
General Objectives of B.Ed. Course :
Enable the student teacher
- To promote capabilities for inculcating national values and goals as mentioned in the constitution of India.
- To act as agents of modernization and social change.
- To promote social cohesion, international understanding and protection of human and rights of the child.
- To become competent committed professional willing to perform the identified task.
- To use competencies and skills needed for becoming an effective teacher.
- To be sensitive student teacher about emerging issues such as environment, population, gender equity, legal literacy etc.
- To inculcate rational thinking and scientific temper among the students.
- To develop critical awareness about the social realities among the students.
- To use managerial and organizational skills.